FCL Fostering Family Owned Fostering
FCL Fostering was set up in 2020 by Suzanne and Ray Porter who are foster carers themselves.
We are a small independent fostering organisation, FCL Fostering was set up in 2020 by Suzanne and Ray Porter, who themselves became foster carers in 2004. Their fostering journey changed their lives and their children’s lives, Chantelle and Conor, for the better. They welcomed 3 boys into their home who are still a big part of the family now.
Our Responsible Individual, Raymond Porter, became a foster carer in 2004 and since then has 17 years’ experience working within the care sector; both within fostering and leaving care.
Ray has significant experience as a Managing Director of a leaving care organisation supporting young people to independence aged 16 years and above for more than 10 years in addition to be a director of a fostering agency. Prior to this Ray has worked across other fields including transport and the military.
Ray is a Panel Member for the Forber Foundation who provide grants of financial support for disadvantaged youngster pursuing Basketball in Manchester.
Our Registered Manager, Shirley McGaffin, has over 40 years’ experience as a Social Worker and has significant experience within all fields of Social Work and Management. Shirley gained her Social Work Diploma in 1984 and since then has worked across a range of fields including the permanence team in East Lancashire. Shirley gained a Certificate in Family Placements in 1991. Shirley has considerable managerial experience supporting foster carers and staff alike.
Shirley gained her Level 5 in Leadership and Management in 2012.
Our Vision and Our Mission
What we want to achieve
To provide dedicated fostering care to children and families whilst we are on the fostering journey together.
For children and families to accomplish opportunities together and triumph.
- Positive commitment
- Family based
- Investing in people
- Professional integrity
How we are going to achieve
We have experience as foster carers and social workers ourselves and will show compassion towards you and your role.
Support all children, young people and carers by sharing knowledge and spreading what we know.
We will do this by investing in people; our children and their future, our carers and our staff team through positive training and support.
We will carry out our duties with professional integrity, dedicated to all of our children and young people and we will safely recruit staff.
Our Values and Principles
- Collectively achieve our goals and aspirations as a team working collaboratively
- Promote development, independence and preparation
- Inspire an empowering environment for all who are involved with Fostering Changes Life
- Encourage creativity to permeate through the lives of everyone
- Create a fulfilling promise to support everyone to achieve their potential
- Promote every achievement no matter how big or small
- Provide a range of opportunities for foster children, birth children, foster carers and staff
- Positively promote achievements
- Harness an inclusive culture for all individuals and diversities
- Practice fairness and equality for all people
- Invest in our children and young people and their carers for their futures
- Maintain a positive commitment to our role and responsibility
- Practice with professional integrity and virtue
- Work to maintain continuity for children and young people and their carers, with a sound and transparent financial basis.
#fostering #fosteringchangeslife #fosteringbury #bury
- All children will be given a ‘Welcome Guide’ which is age appropriate
- We will support you at any meetings
- We will support your wishes
- You will have regular meetings with your social worker
- We aim to provide a clear and transparent space for practising collaboratively
- The chance to enjoy fun days out and engage in activities as a part of Fostering Changes Life
- We will provide children and young people with regular forums
- We will create a savings account for you from the day you start, for you to take with you when you move
For Foster Carer’s
- We will provide you with a Foster Carer’s Handbook
- You will be given a designated ‘Supervising Social Worker’ who will provide guidance and support
- We aim to be clear and transparent with all our decisions and processes
- We will host informal Support Groups or coffee mornings regularly
- We will provide you with 24 hours support via our ‘Out of Hours’
- The chance to for everyone to enjoy fun days out and engage in activities as a part of Fostering Changes Life
- We will pay for your membership with FosterTalk, to provide you with unlimited independent advice, legal expenses insurance, access to their legal advice line and much more
- You are entitled to an annual respite allowance payment